Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Round Up

Diggin' these glass sculptures of infectious diseases.

Diggin' Kem and Kathleen Jenkins.

10 literary Halloween costumes.

Want to read: Steady Hands: Poems About Work by Tracie Vaughan Zimmer. I like a picture book that is kind-of, sort-of for adults. I like the picture books that are for kids too.

Want to look at: Food Lanscapes by Carl Warner. Each landscape is constructed totally out of food-genius.

Want to listen to: Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton. Actually all of the Maestro selections look great.

Dick and Jane and Vampires (Oh My!!!)

Only a few entries on the Children's Book-A-Day Almanac, but it's very well done.

These felted wool acorns are just too cute. More here and here-with a tutorial on how these are created.


ISO-Ben and Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream.


I could spend hours reading all of the interviews on the Paris Review site. Maybe while I eat some Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream.

The Land of Nod has so many nice items. We have 3 little ones to buy presents for so anything that gives me ideas is great.

I like the packaging of the candles from Paddywax. I'm still loyal to my favorite Votivo candles, but it's always fun to try new brands.

Who knew there were so many Legophiles. I can say with all honesty I am a Lego virgin. I have never Legoed. Ever.

Have a wickedly frightful Halloween!!!

'Tis now the very witching time of night,When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes outContagion to this world.~William Shakespeare

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I work for Maestro Classics, the CD company that created the stories in music CD of Mike Mulligan (and other titles). I am very interested to know how you heard about us. Thank you also for the recommendation.
Annie