Monday, May 24, 2010

Round Up

Love this blog-A Collection a Day.

Another New York Times (NYT) slideshow-A Loft filled with Felt.

Cool store-Day Trip Society.








I must purchase this poster and soon!!!!















I found this article about the Dell Map Back mysteries fascinating. I had no idea these existed, now I want to seek them out.

This cracks me up-Hot Guys Reading Books.

If I haven't said it before Rachel Maddow A. and I absolutely love you. You are the bomb!!!

These Ice Milk Aprons are great. They also have a nice blog.

I have been reading the Forest History Service's blog Peeling Back the Bark. This is a well-written and informative blog. Fascinating!!!

Truman Capote's house is for sale.

Iowa State University has an innteresting oral history project, The Women in Chemistry

I wish my bus stop looked like this. At the bus stop this morning we were saying that the people who design bus stops never have to use them. They are not deep enough. When it is raining and you line up like we do you end up getting wet because you are standing in front of the bench. I guess we should be grateful that we have a nice bench to sit on.








This looks like an intersting book, Fallen Books by Melissa Dubbin and Aaron S. Davidson. This books is filled with photographs of books that have "fallen" because of some natural disasters. While reading the book description I learned about the Mercalli Scale an alternative to the widely used Richter Scale used to measure earthquakes. The Modified Mercalli Scale measures an earthquakes impact on humans, objects and nature on a scale from I through XII.

Nice photo gallery of literary Edinburgh.

I have to get this off of my chest. The same people who are crying too much government, the Democrats are this and that, are now the same ones who want the government's intervention in this awful cataclysmic environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. Make up your minds folks.

My heart breaks for the people who live in the area and make their livelihood from those waters. My heart breaks for the wildlife that will die because of this and my heart also breaks to see such pristine beauty destroyed by the "bipeds with brains" greeed.

I thought after Valdez there would have been something in place to handle this type of situation, but there is not. I just don't understand our species-the bipeds with the big brains. If I were a being on another planet I would never want to visit here. Look at the moronic things that we do!!!

Okay, enough of that.

A book returned to the library 221 years late. (better late than never I guess).

Shape of a Box claims to be You Tube's first literary magazine.

Dorothy "Dottie "Kamenshek, the inspiration for Geena Davis' character in A League of Their Own passed away. She was 84.

I understand that last night (May 23, 2010) was the Lost series finale. I watched Lost 3 or 4 times and I just could not get into it. Yes, I could have looked at Sayid (Naveen Andrews) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) all day long, but even their considerable appeal couldn't increase my interest in the actual program.

That's all for this week folks. Have a lovely week and a nice weekend.





"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." Greek Proverb

No comments: