Friday, May 14, 2010

Round Up

R.I.P. Lena Horne-you were beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.

I like this watermelon moon and stars variety of melon.












I like these Hunters Wellington Boots-rumor (rumour) has it the Queen wears this brand. Cheerio, Pip Pip!!!

I have become a huge fan of the New York Times' slideshows-look at this one-Captivating Capadocia.

With the slideshows, I've also been viewing these wonderful panoramas.

Jimi Hendrix's patchwork coat is now at home at the National Museum of the American Indian.

So is the D River in Oregon the shortest river or is it the Roe River?

I think I am going to have to take a gander at the United Cakes of America:Recipes Celebrating Every State, by Warren Brown. He's the man who was an attorney and baked cakes on the side, quite being an attorney, and opened up bakeries in the WDC area.

Did you know that there is a National Scenic Byways Program? The public can post their own American road adventures on the site as well.

Before I leave this realm, and before I get to decrepit, I must, must, must visit Mackinac Island and it has to be in June for the Lilac Festival. To be able to live on an island that does not allow motorized vehicles must be heaven.

If only the Fojol Brothers and Curbside Cupcake would show up at the same day. I could have lunch and dessert a the same time.

I was reading something the other day, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was, but the article made a reference to concrete ships during WWI. I actually had to read it twice because I couldn't grasp my brain around CONCRETE ships. I did a little research and it's fascinating.

And what's even weirder is I have been to Cape May (many years ago), and I don't remember seeing the S.S. Atlantus at all. I was a kid so maybe I was too short to see out the window.

No offense, I'm glad to have a job and all, but I would be much happier in a ship/boat museum. I am just not about planes at all. (I just had to get that in).

Diggin' Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.

May is National Bike Month so get yours out and enjoy the scenery.

I love people's creativity. Lindsay Laricks turned a 1957 cute camper into her stage for her gourmet snow cone business Fresher Than Fresh Snow Cones. Love it, love it, love it. Here is her blog.

The best children's books ever.

Have a nice weekend.

"Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving." Albert Einstein

No comments: