Friday, February 26, 2010

Round Up

I just received an email from Peter the guy who runs Flashlight Worthy, the coolest book recommendation site around. Apparently he is looking to expand his offerings of book club books. Take a look at what he has and if you have some ideas as to a list you could contribute, get in touch with him at info@flashlightworthy.com.

I wish I had known about these curling-themed cocktail glasses. I am all about curling these days.

Nice hotel in a ghost town-Dunton Hot Springs.

I was flipping through an issue of People magazine the other day and noticed that Pernell Roberts passed away. I can remember watching Bonanza when I was a kid and having a young schoolgirl crush on his character Adam. My girlfriends were all about Little Joe (Michael Landon), but I just thought Adam was so cool. He always wore black, he was educated and lets face sexy as hell. ( Of course I would't have said that as a young girl). I thing some folks may not realize that yep, he was wearing a toupee for the role of Adam, and that Mr. Roberts was a civil rights activist. I still thought he was "all that" when he played Trapper John M.D.

Every new President and First Lady is permitted to change the art in the White House. They do this by borrowing from museums, art galleries and private collectors. Look at some of the art selections the Obamas have made.

I read about the 50 in 52 journey, which led me to the Pepsi Refresh Project. Both very interesting projects.

OH-MY-GOODNESS-Pizza Cones. I think I'm in heaven.

I stumbled upon the best food blog yet, Not So Humble Pie. This woman is amazing. First of all she bakes macarons-the real French ones. Secondly, she makes science cookies-I am verklempt. My favorite of course is the Periodic Table of Elements cookies. (scroll down to the bottom of the page of the last link I provided.) I want to move next door to this woman and apprentice with her. BRAVO!!!!!

I never thought about this before, but you can tap the maple trees that are in your own yard for syrup.

Lidia Schaefer is an angel.

In my never ending quest to find the most unusual museums (drum roll please!!!)-The Flour Art Museum.

More book wallpaper.

10 Websites for Vintage Books and Covers.

That's all I have for this week. Everyone have a nice weekend. For those that are suffering through their own "Snowmageddon" you have my sympathy. For my area we have to batten down the hatches with this crazy wind.

"And finally Winter, with its bitin', whinin' wind, and all the land will be mantled with snow.~Roy Bean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
Just an FYI, that posting about the Fordhook Farm Inn is outdated. The property is no longer operated as an Inn.

Cheers.
Paul