Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Round Up

I just have a few things for the round up this week.

61 essential postmodern reads.

Ahh, two of my favorite things-books and a castle.

Care2-make a difference.

Top science blogs.

This is so clever-MrsSewandSew.

Congratulations to Ursula M. Burns, the first American woman of African descent who is head of an S& P 100 company, Xerox. More information about this trailblazer.

Growing up in the country everyone had a garden. We had gardens, plural, and they were huge. We canned so many things. My mom even made her own ketchup and bread and butter pickles. After eating her ketchup for so long, I never wanted Heinz. I always thought canning was a lot of fun. When I was really little my job was to listen for the POP that the canning lids made on top of the Mason jars. I miss all of that so much.

With these hard economic times canning is making a resurgence. If you are a canner, tell your story on Cans Across America.

So, you have adopted a lovable pup from the pound. Is he part poodle and part beagle, part Komodor and part collie? If this is something that is keeping you up at night, perhaps you should purchase the Bio Pet DNA Breed Identification Kit.

I thought virgule was a cool word for a puncuation mark. Has so much more panache than SLASH. What do you think about interrobang?

Today I leave you with some old school soul. My girl Chaka Khan with Ain't Nobody.

Now for some old school soul. My girl Chaka Khan with my absolute favorite song that she has

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

No comments: