Friday, July 24, 2009

Round Up

So, once again racial profiling rears its ugly head. Dr. Gates, "I hope you sue the pants off of the Cambridge police department." I hope the cop loses his job, which I know is never going to happen. This sort of crap needs to stop. I could go on and on, but I will move on with more cheerful information.

Pug head tilt

When I used to where heels a lot I seemed to always get my heels stuck in the grass or even worse mud. Now some clever person has invented sole mates so no more messed up heels.

I am so guilty of helping to create desire paths. Desire path is a landscape architecture term used to describe a path that isn't designed, but casually worn by people finding the shortest route. I have always been a walker and I have always tried to go "as the crow flies". Of course if there is signage indicating you aren't supposed to walk some place I abide, but if not, off I go. Apparently I am not the only one who finds these paths interesting.

These teddy bear chollas are adorable, but don't get stuck by one.

A woman is baking cakes to help pay her mortgage.

Growing up in the country everyone in the area had a clothesline. There was just something about taking the sheets and towels off of the line and that wonderful fresh smell. The dryer just doesn't provide that wonderful scent. Or my mother and I running out the door giggling to grab the clothes off of the line before a thunderstorm would hit. I miss all of that so much.

Project Laudry List is a non-proft organization that is promoting air-drying laundry to save energy, and also it's fun.

Why are ice cubes cloudy in the middle?

Folks, I am going to have to shorten this post. Google/Blogger are giving me fits this morning.

I was told by a friend that people either love bagpipe music or hate it. I love it.


"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers

2 comments:

Ilyce Glink said...

Thanks for the link and the recognition for Avoiding Foreclosure One Mortgage Apple Cake At A Time. You might also like my blog at ThinkGlink.com/blog

Ilyce Glink

Rhea said...

The Gates situation makes me crazy. Racism is alive and well. I love Obama for condemning the police. (The pugs are cute, too.)