Thursday, September 25, 2008

Round Up

I am finding so many cute Halloween decorations. I love this witch shoe candy bowl. It's available from Sur la Table. I think I would heap my bowl full of Hershey's Kisses, mini Kit Kats, mini Snickers and maybe I'll splurge and throw in some Lindt Chocolates.




Or maybe some Godiva Chocolates, mini Peppermint Patties, Peanut Butter cups and some special-made Virgin Run Fudge.





Or some Buns (which they don't make anymore), Smoothies (which they don't make anymore), Peanut M&M's and some Werther's Butterscoth (reminds me of my Grandparents).



Okay, I'm finished.

Next week, September 27, 2008 through October 4, 2008 is Banned Books Week.

Having problems with your co-workers stealing your lunch. Try these anti-theft lunch bags.


I love the moxie of the castor bean plant.

I have not watched ER in years. I really enjoy medical shows, but I get my fix with House and sometimes Grey's Anatomy. This is the 15th and final season. I ended up catching it last night, and I was crying my eyes out. It was already upsetting that Mekhi Phifer's character Dr. Gregory Pratt, was dying. It was Troy Evans' character Frank Evans that got me, that probably got everybody. When they were taking Pratt's body down to harvest his organs, and the very gruff Frank Evans went and pushed the elevator button, and then put his hand on Pratt's shoulder as they wheeled him onto the elevator. Good Grief.

There are so many really fine character actors out there and Troy Evans is one of them. Here is a site with some other great character actors. Here is another list of classic character actors.

This Karl Lagerfeld Steiff Bear is freakin' me out. It looks just like him.

It's useless for me to try and be apolitical on this blog. I came across Librarians Against Palin and cheered, and also the McCainPedia. McPainPedia is a wiki that is documenting all of the oddball things McCain is doing in his campaign. This wiki is not publicly edited. It is run by the (Democratic National Committee) DNC's Research, Communications and Internet teams.

The Bush administration has done some crummy, horrid things, but this has to take the prize for one of the crummiest.

And while I am on the subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv6CRObROV0. Oh my heavens!!!

Rhyme Zone-a rhyming dictionary, thesaurus, and word finding tool all-in-one.

"Happy Birthday to You" Appendices, Documents and Sound Recordings. This site contains to PDF document files (and a few mp3 sound files) relating to the history of the song "Happy Birthday to You," as well as of several appendices to the article "Copyright and the World's Most Popular Song." This is fascinating information.

Interesting post on book jackets and copyright over at the LibraryLaw Blog.

Ex-Boyfriend Jewelry-you guessed it. A place to unload jewelry given to you by your ex. I think it should be just called "Old Lover Jewelry" or something like that, but good idea nevertheless.

The Hip Hop Chess Federation. Who knew???

The Diagram Prize is an annual award given to the book with the oddest title. This years winner is Greek Rural Postmen and Their Cancellation Numbers. Here is the Bookseller's news release that also includes some of the titles that did not win.

A. and I have done quite a lot of work on our humble abode this year. We still have some major renovations to do, but we've gotten more accomplished than I thought we would. The next project is the master bathroom. We have already started buying the tile, and have picked out the bowls, vanity and new shower. It's going to be awhile before we can start doing any demo, but at least we have started. This is the biggest master bathroom I have ever seen. Why they made this room so big is beyond me. I don't have a linen closet, which has been a gigantic, scratchy, annoying burr under my saddle since we purchased this home. I don't have a linen closet (I say it again), but I have a master bathroom I could use as a ballroom. Where's the logic in that.

Who builds a house without a linen closet anyway. I grew up in a home with a wonderful linen closet and an even better cedar closet. Now that I think about it they should have built the linen closet as a cedar closet too, but they didn't. My parent's owned that home for over 20 years and the cedar smell never dissipated. I miss that closet, the house, and some of the great times we had there especially this time of year. I've lived in numerous places since I left my parents home and guess what? Every place I have lived except dormitories had a freakin' linen closet.

Stories behind 10 Dr. Seuss Stories at the Mental Floss blog.

It's a nice, cool, gray day. Love it.

"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the moldy anti-theft lunch bag.

Unknown said...

Love the witchy-shoes candy dish, the moldy bag, the Karl Lagerfeld bear. All things Palin cause me great pain, good Lord let us hope in a month and a few days she will be a dim and hard to recover memory...

More good stuff, Ms. Libby. Hope you going to have a honkin' big linen closet in your remodeled master bath.

I have no broom closet. Nope. This drives me nutty -- mop, brooms, vacuum cleaner are duking it out with the coats. This is wrong too. Not brave enough to tackle remodels lately though.

Glad you are keepin' on!!

tl

Anonymous said...

Hi Libby, Thanks for the link to my site: http://musegreen.com! Love, love, LOVE that library parking lot you found! Sent a tweet about it tonight. Hope you get a little traffic as a result! -meredith (Twitter: http://twitter.com/meresgreen)