Monday, September 08, 2008

Round Up

The Top 100 Liberal Arts Professor Blogs.

Why are pencils yellow? (I don't know how correct this is, but it is interesting if it is true)

Another pedia-Medipedia.

Interesting articles about diaries and diarists.

I think it would be great to be able to sit beside Ben Franklin and read a book and maybe even strike up a conversation. Gary Lee Price's sculptures are amazing.

I just found out the other day that Lois Nettleton died this year. She was a wonderful character actor. I loved her sort of honey-whiskey voice.

Two more Etsy favorites- Signs by Diane-for the shabby chic lover and Seasonal Celebrations-love the Eat, Drink and be Scary sign.

The Linus and Ava Helen Pauling Papers are located at the Oregon State University (OSU)Libraries . (Linus Pauling was an OSU graduate). All 1800 boxes of them. The staff has created a blog to document items about the Paulings as well as information about cataloging and preserving this important collection. There is an amazing amount of content contained in this well-written blog. Oh, just in case you may have forgotten who Linus Pauling was, here is his wikipedia entry. He has always been one of my personal heroes so I was thrilled to come across this blog.

I am going to try and refrain from writing too much about the election. However, I did come across a very interesting point about that vicious, ultra-conservative, skanky,overpopulationist, gun-toter Sarah Palin. Is there another woman on the Earth that could possibly be the total opposite of me? I don't think so. It makes me sick to my stomach and also terrified to think that someone like this woman could possible be walking around in the future with codes to nuclear weapons and may have some opinion as to the next Supreme Court justice(s). Good Grief!!! And believe me if one of Obama's daughters were pregnant (yes, they are both much younger than 17) his entire family would be excoriated. And yes, I am holding back- a lot. Also, what taxes is she talking about? I thought Alaska did not have a state tax or sales tax. Read the Boomer Chronicles September 3rd entry.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love how this blogger has combined coffee with the environment, specifically birds. Visit Coffee and Conservation.

The Digital Scriptorium is an image database of medieval and renaissance manuscripts that unites scattered resources from many institutions into an international tool for teaching and scholarly research. Look at the pretty images.

Uh-oh-Woman arrested for overdue books.

A good library preservation blog called, what else, Library Preservation.

That's all for today. Have a good week.

"Satisfaction of one's curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life." Linus Pauling

No comments: