Friday, June 20, 2008

Round Up

I am so glad that the Texas GOP did something about this. I never thought I would ever be glad about anything the Texas GOP or the GOP did, but here I am.

Now this is what I am talking about. Book trucks with some style.

If you are in the DC area and you have not visited, the new and improved (IMHO)
U.S. Botanic Gardens, you must. It is absolutely gorgeous. And I love the exhibit One Planet Ours: Sustainability for the 21st Century Exhibit. The globes are awesome. The gardens now has a Lady Bird Johnson feature. I've indicated before that I have this heart-swelling admiration for Julie Andrews and Judi Dench. Well, I have the same admiration for Lady Bird Johnson. I think there are some people who are just born with grace and dignity, and for me these 3 women are the epitome of both of those qualities. And by grace I mean an elegance of spirit, a way of moving about the world. I also felt that way about Benazir Bhutto. Grace and dignity.

Nice Mother Goose index.

Once again, A. doesn't know about this. I am cheating on him. I seem to be spending so much time with Marc. Or Marky Mark as I call him in those early morning hours that we have been spending together. I am so totally smitten with Marc, or as he is more formally known, Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus, or Marcus Aurelius. I don't know what to do. I've been reading his Meditations. They are incredible, and I find them to be a soothing balm for my more angst-ridden days. I am reading them, but they are also available online. I'm willing to share my second sweetie with everybody.

Love this Literary Stamp blog.

I haven't tried any of Biggs & Featherbelle Soaps yet, but I love their name and their website.

Shelfari, is the premier social network for people who love books.
You can create a virtual shelf to show off your books, see what your friends are reading and discover new books - all for free! Seems to be a bit like Library Thing.

Loving all of these online state encyclopedias. Here is the Online Nevada Encyclopedia.

Gravescape, will place flowers on your relatives graves when you are unable.

Sticklebook, the invisible bookshelf.

I started collecting these a couple of years ago. Now, I've got a burr under my saddle about this lovely
Quistgaard Dansk Pitcher. Can't you just see some a beautiful bouquet of flowers taking center stage in this gorgeous pitcher. Hmmm.......


I must say that I for one am enjoying this cooler weather. I know it's just a respite, but I am loving it. Enjoy your weekend.


Grace was in all her steps, Heav'n in her Eye, In every gesture dignity and love” John Milton

No comments: