Monday, September 10, 2007

Round Up

I had never heard of or seen a bottle tree before, but it wasn't long before I moved to the South (okay Maryland I know you don't consider yourself the South, but I do) did I find out about these charming bits of folk culture. If you can't make your own, the Bottle Tree Man can create one for you.

This story about the Lost Gardens of Heligan are fascinating.

Another small car I've been diggin'.

I'm always interested in knowing where author's papers end up-being the big author groupie that I am. I also get excited when I see that there papers are available electronically. I mean, I really get excited. I was thrilled to see that the wondeful University of Illinois Press has made Booker T. Washington's papers available online and get this-they're searchable.

Frosting/Icing color chart. Why didn't I have this when I used to bake a lot.

Cow Pots-the pots you plant.

Pooch crazy, yes I am. This just cracked me up.

Drexel University has a well-done exhibit devoted to Women Physicians 1850's to 1970's.

Top 100 Science Fiction Books.

Breathtaking.

Totem Poles-incredible artistry.

That's all folks. Have a good one. I think some cooler weather is coming my way. Happy, happy days.

"Tell me to what you pay attention and I will tell you who you are." Jose Ortega y Gasset

No comments: