Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Round Up

I don't think I could ever call myself a patriot. Yes, I have been known to get all choked up at parades, but then I get choked up over pomp and circumstance all the time. A friend told me about this site and I don't know if was the mixture of hearing Red Skelton's voice or what-check it out-see if it gets to you too.

Hugging Pandas???? I don't know how I feel about this. There is nothing I would like more than to have my arms wrapped around these adorable creatures, but there's just something not correct about it. I felt the same way about the swimming with dolphins craze. Plus, I heard that some of the dolphins were a bit on the randy side.

I can remember back when I was in high school there were different books that got passed around amongst my friends. (not those kinds of books). One of them was and The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss. We all thought we were so grown-up reading such a big book. I just read that Ms. Woodiwiss passed away on July 6, 2007

I never gave this much thought, and being a taphophile, one would think that I would have, but does your college have a cemetery on campus? At Seton Hill College (university now-grrr) we had a cemetery, but it was strictly for the nuns who taught at the school. The campus also had the Sisters of Charity convent there, and then the cemetery. Is this just a practice of Catholic colleges? I read that Notre Dame has an on campus cemetery. Anyone know of any others?

I wonder how Charles Dickens would feel about Dickens World?

12 Important U.S. Laws Every Blogger Should Know

Cool design blog-Decor8

No matter how many times A. and try to remember to take our canvas bags into the grocery story with us, we sometimes forget. I am always trying to find creative things to do with these dastardly plastic bags besides recycling them. Look at what some crafty woman has done.

I think in my next life I am going to become an historical pomologist.

Back in the day when all of my friends were procreating all over the place one of the gifts they were sure to get from me was a copy of On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier. (i also ran amuck with onesies) Last month a mural by the author/illustrator was unveiled at the St. Mary's Birthing Center in Duluth, Minnesota. Each new baby born at the center will also receive a copy of the book. Ahhh!!!!

I've been interested in Hobo signs for years, and while looking for information on them I found a Hobo memorial. And speaking of hoboes, what about Hobo Soup.

One of my professors in library school always said you have to always look for the opportunity and run with it. She was talking about libraries, but I guess that also goes for life in general. That's what Nancy Pearl has done. Now there's a Book Lust Wiki.

Colonial Meeting Houses in New England. (thanks K.-you remembered my love for all things New England)

That 's all.


"The computer is only a fast idiot, it has no imagination; it cannot originate action. It is, and will remain, only a tool to man." American Library Association

No comments: