Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Secretary of State and Gilmore Girls

I'm beginning to think you must have an unusual name to be Secretary of State. For instance the present Secretary of State is Dr. Condoleezza Rice. Unusual first name. Here are some others:

Dean Gooderham Acheson 1949-1953
Cordell Hull 1933-1944
Bainbridge Colby 1920-1921
Philander Chase Knox 1909-1913
Elihu Root 1905-1909
Hamilton Fish 1869-1877
Elihu Benjamin Washburne 1869
Jeremiah Sullivan Black 1860-1861
Abel Parker Upshur 1843-1844


Two with unusual middle names are Edmund Sixtus Muskie was Secretary of State from 1980-1981 and Alexander Meigs Haig was Secretary of State from 1981-1982.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting tired of the Gilmore Girls. Not the show so much, and I'm not tired of any of the other characters, but I am tired of the Gilmore Girls. Lorelei and Rory are just getting on my last nerve. I know the show has new writers, but, I don't know what the problem is. All of the things that I used to find so charming about both of the lead characters, now get on my nerves. And by the way, I hate Christopher and Logan. Okay. I feel better. I just spent a bunch of energy commenting on two people who don't even exist.

How would you like to have another woman from a different country come and stay in your home for a couple of days and experience your home and work life? Pretty cool huh??? Or you could go to another country and do the same thing. Women Welcome Women World-Wide has been providing this sort of opportunity for women since 1984. Very nice way to foster international frienship and goodwill.

I appear to be a little late in discovery Jacquie Lawson, but check out her clever, fun cards. It's a bit (just a little bit)early for Christmas, but access the last card on the left-hand side. Too cute.

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." - Albert Schweitzer

No comments: