Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Round-Up

I was at Montgomery Mall last weekend and noticed they had one of the Wi-Fi zone signs. I've been seeing these all over the place. I knew it wouldn't be long before someone mapped all of these zones out for us. Check here and here.

I had heard of the Seed Savers Exchange and now the Norwegians are promoting their Arctic Seed Vault. Kudos to both groups for their work.

In honor of Ben Franklin's tercentenary, Vivisimo, Inc., has created a Ben Franklin portal. Use the portal to locate any and everything about this interesting man.

Has your teenager sent you an email or a text message and you had problems deciphering all of the emoticons and other jargon. Have no fear. Transl8t is here.

If you have some time to waste, I mean spend, and would like to see your name or any word spelled out in images check out Image Speller.

My love for Government Documents has transported me to some interesting websites, and while spending some time on GPO Access I found the Registry of U.S. Government Publication Digitization Projects. For example, I performed a simple search on the word aviation. Here is the result.

Time magazine has come out with its annual 50 coolest websites list. See if your site made the list.

Have a nice weekend.

"The charm, one might say the genius of memory, is that it is choosy, chancy, and temperamental: it rejects the edifying cathedral and indelibly photographs the small boy outside, chewing a hunk of melon in the dust." - Elizabeth Bowen

No comments: