Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday Round Up

Trying to find something creative to put on my walls has been a lot of fun and I have found quite a few ideas. Since I have been collecting quotes since I was in high school wonderful graffiti is perfect. I would like to go crazy with this and have something in every room. Our steps are carpeted, but I always thought it would be great to have something on the back of each step (that's called something-not the riser that's the vertical portion-Hmmm). For now I have an idea for something for my kitchen using wonderful graffiti.

During my youth I attended quite a few protest rallies for this and that, but now I am more of a send an email, a letter-virtual protesting. During my wanderings I came across Protest.net and the old placard carrying juices started flowing-GIVE TO THE NEEDY, NOT TO THE GREEDY.

Interesting article in the National Archives and Record Administration's (NARA) magazine Prologue on reclaiming artifacts and papers of John F. Kennedy's years in the White House.

Love these notecards.

And yet another cool Flickr group.

And this is via Yahoo picks-a list of problems solved by the fictional character MacGyver. I love that people do things like this.

Have a great weekend.

"I just got a new white dog. Spitz? No, but he dribbles a lot." Steve Allen

No comments: