Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Collars

I have recently become fascinated with collars. Yes, those pieces of fabric that are hooked to our shirts, blouses, sweaters, dresses, etc. I am not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination. I have found that the older I get the simpler I want my dress to be. Give me a nice pair of jeans, a nice pretty top in the summer, a nice sweater (love sweaters) in the winter and I am good to go. I was actually searching the QVC site for a particular type or sweater and I kept noticing all of the different sorts of collars and necklines that exist. This is only a partial list.

Collars:Buster Brown,button-down,convertible,club,crew,crosswick, cavalier,eton,johnny,laydown,mandarin,mock,notched,Peter Pan,rebato,Roman, sailor,shawl,split,straight-point, tab and wing. Now for necklines it even becomes more interesting: ballerina,bateau,cowl, funnel, jewel, keyhole, marilyn, roll, round,scoop,square,sweetheart, turtle and V.

No comments: