Monday, October 31, 2011

Round Up

R.I.P. Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth

This wedding band with your spouse's fingerprints is lovely.

25 ways to wear a scarf in 4.5 minutes-very cool video.

Pumpkin facts.

Oh my, fudge-covered Ritz.

After you come home from trick or treating with your little ones why not read them to sleep with one of the 10 best Halloween books for children-of all ages.


The Collection A Day blog is now a book.



Lifeboat Tea has a Facebook page.



Historic U.S. Ghosts.



Interesting article on punctuation.



I think that volunteer vacation opportunities are great. I sometimes think that the volunteer is getting more out of the experience than the community that they are "supposed to be helping." It's not always the best thing to presume that we Westerners know what's best for other cultures. I also don't think it's always best to just through money at a situation, and to also go in and dig a well and then leave. Why not teach folks how to be self sufficient?


With that being said, I would love to volunteer with World Vets.



That's all I have for today. Have a spooky Halloween.



"May Jack-o-lanterns burning brightOf soft and golden huePierce through the future’s veil and showWhat fate now holds for you. "~Author Unknown




No comments: