Friday, February 04, 2011

Round Up

Why aren't there any Disney Princes? What's the deal with all of the Disney Princesses? It's 2011 and the media is still rampant with ageism, homophobia, racism, sizeism, and sexism. When will it end? I guess that's my rant for this week. And it's much to much of a long boring story to explain what put this particular burr under my saddle this week.

A bit of mead may dull my anger.

59 things you did not know about Virginia Woolf.

I think I would be delighted if I received Ted Kooser's Valentines (University of Nebraska Press)on February 14th. The story behind this publication is lovely.

Look at the incredible artistry of Li Xiaofeng.

I like this paperback wallpaper.

I have fallen in love with the delightful photography blog-From Me to You.

Some books that have sparked an interest:
Have You Ever Seen a Smack of Jellyfish: An Alphabet Book (Sasquatch Books) by Sarah Asper-Smith
Swallow: Foreign Bodies, Their Ingestion, Inspiration and the Curious Doctor Who Extracted Them (The New Press) by Mary Cappello

Perhaps I could read the above mentioned books while drinking out of one of these very cool cowgirl mug.

Author Sam Anderson is tweeting the best sentence he's read every day.

I'm not much for spicy food. However, I do like a hit of the ubiquitous Sriracha Sauce in certain things-lately this wonderful vegetable-laden soup A. and I have been making. Just a dash of this liquid fire seems to make all of the difference. And this sauce has inspired its own blog and cookbook. Plus, I'm a condiment nut and I love seeing that bright green top living in the door of my refrigerator.


Warby Parker-cool eyeglasses with a social conscience-Excellent!!!

Diggin' everything at the Old Village Hall, especially the chairs and various tote bags.

You know you want to share your story of how you got started in librarianship.

Personality traits of blood types. My blood type description seems to be very close. More here.

Put the word out on the Internet and it's amazing what can happen-One Million Giraffes.

Artist Bill Dunlap is painting murals on barns in Maryland. Each mural will also feature a poem.

That's all for this week. Have a great weekend.

"Always be smarter than the people who hire you." Lena Horne

No comments: