Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Round Up

I just have a few things this week. I have been taken over by some sort of plague. I swear I don't know what monstrous germ has attacked me, but it just won't leave me. It's like some invading army that won't leave. What is it? Age or are these germs uber!!!!

I have to read the new Annie Proulx (pronounced PROO) book Bird Cloud (Simon & Schuster). Must, must read.

Gorgeous Harlem Hospital WPA Murals.

Love timelines and this food timeline is really well done.

List of words unique to New England.

Want to go to Africa with Jada and Will? Charity: Water

I find it a bit sad that there is only one company in the United States that just manufactures bells, the Bevin Brothers. Love reading company histories. And who knew that East Hampton, Connecticut was such a center for tintinabulation. I have a call bell at home that I have had since I was a kid. I was a very sickly child and the bell came in handy to let someone know I needed something when I was too breathless to call out. I am going to check and see if it was made by the Bevin Brothers. I hope so.

Saint Paul, Minnesota has a wonderful public art project: Poems or a City Sidewalk.

Enjoy the rest of the week and the long weekend.



"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: