Friday, November 21, 2008

Round Up



I think these Oreo turkey treats are just too cute, and very easy to make. There feet are cracking me up. Here are the instructions for making these gobblers.

And I have to include these too cute pilgrim hat cookies.






Gourmet magazine is 67 years old this year. They have published online their favorite cookie recipe for each of the last 67 years.

Yippee!! A daily radio science program-Everyday Science.

Change.gov is the official site for the Obama-Biden Presidential Transition Team.

Love these knitted teacups.

And these 100 Good Wishes necklaces. (wish they came in gold though)

The New York Times has their picks for the Best Illustrated Children's Books of 2008 online.

I keep finding more and more of these swap sites: Zwaggle, Swaptree, and SwapItShop.

2 books that I would like to get my hands on are American Farmer: The Heart of Our Country by Paul Mobley and The Oxford Project byPeter Feldstein. In 1984 photographer Peter Feldstein took photographs of every single person in his town of Oxford, Iowa (pop. 676). In 2004 he did the same thing. The book contains these people's stories, plus their side-by-side photographs. Can't wait to see this one.

Approximately 2 million images from the Life photo archive have been digitized and are available online through Google search. The remaining 8 million (yup-8 million) will be digitized in the coming months.

Get ready from some cute overload. Both the hat and the babe are adorable.

If I were forced to study a war, it would be the Revolutionary War. I just find all of the players so interesting-Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry and all of the others. I just found out about the American Revolution Center, and I can't wait until it is completed so I can visit.

I can't explain it, but I have become obsessed with felt in general, and in particular felt flowers. And look what I found a felt flower kit.

I won't be posting until after the holiday. Have a wonderful holiday.

"I celebrated Thanksgiving in the traditional way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house; we had an enormous feast. And then I killed them and took their land." Jon Stewart

"He who thanks but with the lipsThanks but in part;The full, the true ThanksgivingComes from the heart." J.A. Shedd

No comments: