Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Round Up

Well, this is the first post for 2007. I hope that my 3 faithful readers had a wonderful holiday. Things were well at the A & L Ranch. I decided to construct a mantle village since I kept seeing them all over the web. I copied mine from Danny Seo and made mine from cards. Crafty I am not, but it didn't turn out to badly. I think white twinkle lights can cover a multitude of sins. I think this year (I should get started now) I will add some cloth trees. I can't locate an image of one, but you know, they are usually felt or boiled wool, tree-shaped, and then you can sew buttons, rick-rack, etc. I'll keep hunting for an image of one.

And for all of you Disney fans out there I found an unofficial Disney blog .

I don't have a space in MySpace (am I the only one) and I have heard some unsavory things about MySpace, which led me to be even more surprised when I found that some museums have spaces in My Space. (I'm trying to see how many times I can type "space". The Brooklyn Museum, Cartoon Art Museum, the American Museum of Natural History, and the American Jazz Museum, to name a few.

If you feel like humming or singing a few tunes hum your way over to the TV Tunes (wav file). I had a ball listening to some of my favorites like the theme to Carmen Sandiego.

If you are someone who is interested in linguistics, alphabets, and writing systems you absolutely must visit Omniglot.

Coudal, which has become one of my favorite sites has the very cool drink link.

I apologize for the brevity of this post. Next weeks should be better.

Since this is the conclusion of the Yule season I thought I would end with this medieval quote.

"When we and ours have it in our power to do for you and yours what your and yours have done for us and ours, then we and ours will do for you and yours what you and yours have done for we and ours." It must help to recite the above if you have your wassail in a two-handled loving cup. Lots of wassail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great links...thank you....oh and I "love" the quote at the end of your post. I didn't know Laundress was a visitor at your site. She is part of the current "Wolfend bar and grill" soap opera going on right now. Go back to my blog and find out what's it's all about...you can still join in on the fun if you like...

Cheers!!!

John said...

Thanks for linking to The Disney Blog.

First the correct URL is www.thedisneyblog.com. I'd appreciate it if you could correct your post.

Second, just to be clear. The Disney Blog is an unofficial fan blog with no official affiliation with the Walt Disney Company