Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Round Up

So you have heard of the human genome project. How about the music genome project?

In my never-ending quest to locate cool online maps I came across the Yes Map. This is a map of American radio stations that shows the songs they are playing in real-time. One of my favorite magazines is Geist, a Canadian magazine. They include very interesting maps in each issue. Here is a listing of them.

Every few years I go back and re-read all of my favorite Jane Austen books. I'm glad to see these very well written Jane Austen blogs. Here's one, two , and three.

So you all no my chocoholic tendencies. Well, I was at a friends and she gives me a bag of these. Milk chocolate with a white chocolate(which we all know isn't really chocolate, but it's wonderful) filling. I know I don't need to say anymore.

There are times when I am in a self-imposed blog reading marathon I will read all of one kind of blog-food blogs, librarian blogs, etc. I found this very nice academic blog portal that makes my addiction so much easier to manage.

Still not in the Christmas spirit. Here's 24 films to get you to feel Christmasy.

At one time I had a ridiculous amount of cookbooks. I ended up giving a lot of them away so now I am down to just a few. Maybe I'll start collecting again. I could use the best 20 cookbooks of 2006 list as my guide.

Take a look at this very interesting blog on landscape architecture. (thanks Katie)

At first I thought this Datamining blog was not going to be my cup of tea, but I really like it.

Katie also turned me on to Pop Candy. This is probably one of the best pop culture blogs I've read in awhile. (of course that's just my humble opinion).

I have been finding lots of end of year lists, but I am not going to go crazy and keep posting them. I think there are other bloggers who actually compile lists of everything for that year. I think the fantastic fimoculous does this every year if I am not mistaken.

Have a good weekend.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Ms. Libby,

Forgive me, but
TAG: you're IT. The Christmas Meme. Hope you are game for playing along (and go off and tag some more folks?). your blogpal, TL

Here are the questions so you can just paste 'em in:
1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

5. When do you put your decorations up?


6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

7. Favorite Holiday memory?

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

12. Can you ice skate?

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

14. What's the most important thing?

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

17. What tops your tree?

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?