Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Could Not Have Said It Better...

I found this on the web, and I could not have said it better. Bloggers are passing it around and I thought I would join in.

"I grieve for the individuals in New Orleans as I grieved for those caught up in the tidal wave. As for those caught up in Bopal. And for those butchered in Rwanda. And for those living on a sea of oil in Iraq. And, you know, as a gardener and environmentalist I choose to focus my attention on the things I can change and work with. I try to garden and show folks how to garden in ways that are environmentally sound - that do not add to global warming and make our lives better. But it's really your choice.
"If we continue to elect politicians who - like Louisiana's governor - campaign against pollution control - then we'll continue to reap the whirlwind we've sown. And it's usually the poor who pay the steepest price - whether it's the poor in Fiji, Iraq or Louisiana.
"So yes, I think it is right that we stop and look at what's happening down South and try to help as best we can - with your prayers or more importantly your wallet. But if you ignore the root causes of these problems you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. And it really is your choice.


The author of these words can be found here.

No comments: