Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Things To Do, Things To See

(BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH)

When the book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz came out I could not wait to read it. I love travel literature and this is like a long, exotic fantasy list. I purchased the book and loved it.

I started seeing that other bloggers were placing lists such as 50 Things I Would Like To Do Before I Die, 100 Places I'd Like to See Before I Dies, etc., etc. I just came across an interesting book entitled, 50 Places To Flyfish Before You Die by Chris Santella. Everyone is getting into the act. I thought I would give it a try. So without further ado here are 50 Things That I Would Like To See and Do Before I Die:

1. Learn how to whistle.
2. Skydive
3. Learn how to bellydance.
4. Learn how to weave.
6. Leave my body to science-either car crash research or Body Farm
7. Visit Tuktoyaktut
8. Become a chocolatier.
9. Learn how to swim.
10.Drink absinthe.
11.Visit the Serengeti.
12.Live some place that doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time.
13.Fly first class.
14.Own an island.
15.Finish the children's book I've been writing.
16.Learn yoga(properly).
17.Learn the names of the constellations.
18.Stay in a lighthouse.
19.Help build a house with Habitat for Humanity.
20.Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer.
21.Learn to rumba, merengue and samba.
22.Learn Krav Maga.
23.Compete in a Scrabble Tournament.
24.Visit El Santuario de Chimayo.
25.Land a float plane.
26.Learn to forgive.
27.Track Spirit Bears on Princess Royal Island.
28.Have a llama sanctuary.
29.See gorillas in the wild.
30.Visit Petra.
31.Get a tattoo.
32.Learn how to juggle.
33.See the Northern Lights.
34.Get more piercings.
35.Learn how to throat sing.
36.Understand.
37.Own a Coach bag(and not one from eBay)
38.Or Kate Spade, Bexley or Maddox.
39.Learn how to ice skate.
40.Own a Aga Range.
41.Ride in a horse-drawn sleigh.
42.Tell people what I really think of them.
43.Take a train across the United States.
44.Drive on Route 66.
45.Walk barefoot across hot coals.
46.Go to an authentic Day of the Dead celebration.
47.Enter a baking contest.
48.Walk up to a total stranger and kiss them. (it happened to me once).
49.See an iceberg.
50.Speak like a pirate for an entire day.

No comments: