Friday, June 06, 2008

Round Up

So your in a snit because you didn't make this year's list for the Kelly Bag. Dont' fret. You can obtain a free bag here. (just click through the intro if you like to get to your very own Kelly Bag)

The University of Georgia has done an excellent job with the Civil Rights Digital Library. Not only an excellent digital library, but a very useful portal to civil rights information on the Internet.

I just finished reading a wonderful travelogue, The Year of the Goat: 40,000 Miles and the Quest for the Perfect Cheese by Margaret Hathaway. The author and her husband traveled around the United States learning about goats, goat milk, goat milk products and much more. As an avid goat's milk fudge aficionada, I can attest to the allure of the goat. The couple went on this odyssey to learn about goats and to search for a new way of life. A charming and enjoyable book.

The Mercantile Library is going to relocate. Before there were public libraries there were private libraries and the Mercantile Library located in New York City was one of the largest. The library was founded in 1820 by merchants and their clerks and has now closed while looking for a new home. The director of the library has a blog.

Oh boy, transparent post-its or Sheer Color post-its.

Interesting article from the guardian about saving our treasures.

I've always had this fascination for crows. They are such amazing, intelligent birds. Joshua Klein shares my admiration and then some. Watch this video where he talks about crows and their incredible intelligence. Also, here is the crow vending machine.
If you aren't familiar with TED, please check it out. BE WARNED: You won't be able to tear yourself away.


DNA and fingerprint artwork.

I remember when I was the maid-of-honor at my girlfriends wedding. She told me she wanted me to make a little speech at the reception. I asked her if she was nuts or something. We have known each other since we were 7 and she knows that I would rather eat glass and have my eyes poked out than to talk in front of people. Perhaps the wedding speech generator would have allayed some of my fears.

So glad to see that cupcakes are still trendy. Look at these cupcake cuffs.

The Pantone color for 2008 is Blue Iris. Very pretty indeed

Have a wonderful weekend.

"If you would be loved, love and be lovable." Benjamin Franklin

No comments: